Data Recovery - Corrupt HDD

merlin 13:30 09 Feb 2004

Hi All,
I'm looking for a Data Recovery Tool ( shareware/free)to recover data from my corrupt HDD - I managed to back up about 70% of it before it finally gave up the ghost.
Any suggestions much appreciated

xania 13:41 09 Feb 2004
  xania 13:49 09 Feb 2004

Sorry, sent before completed. The first of those has some freeware, I think, but the rest are chargeable.

Also look at

click here(trial version available)
click here
click here

or type <data recovery tools> into your favourite serach engine.

merlin 13:57 09 Feb 2004

Thanks Xania,will give them a try - some of the trials I have seen will only let you "see" the recoverable data and not actually recover it unless you purchase the software

MichelleC 14:32 09 Feb 2004

I think PC Inspector is free click here

Chegs ® 15:13 09 Feb 2004

Coincedence?

Fred Langa's Newsletter has a bit on File Recovery and Undelete etc.I have tried PC Inspector,it worked great on a SmartMedia camera card,but set it off thru a 120Gb hdd with its Partitions deleted(I could still see the data)and it crashed the puter. :-(

I had a hunt thru the offerings from google click here but still haven't found either a freebie that works,or a trial that could get these files(if I bought it)I gave up,and accepted the loss of 42Gb's of video/data/apps,but now religously backup everything to a DVD-RW in 4Gb chunks,or to CD-RW for the smaller stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?