Data in foreground of tv picture

Sleezie 09:39 21 Apr 2018

I have two separate tv's one Samsung one panasonic. On BBC channels both have text data in foreground. One started a month ago the other today.

rdave13 09:55 21 Apr 2018

There should be an option on the remotes to disable Closed captioning (subtitles).

ponytail 08:56 24 Apr 2018

This seems like a subtitle problem as I had the same problem last week and the problem was caused by me inadvertently pressing the subtitle button my remote.Have you got a Subtitle button on your remote.

VirtualDreamer 10:55 24 Apr 2018

I agree with the previous answers, this could be as simple as you accidentally pressed the Subtitle button, but I would also check the settings menu using your remote because captions could be enabled for BBC channel only, if that is possible at all. Anyway, it may be worth checking.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

Illustrator Rose Blake gives a kid-friendly update for David Hockney's art guide A History of…

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment afficher des sous-titres sur Netflix ?