Data burning to DVD but then not able to view.

shreked 18:13 13 Sep 2018

I have a issue where I burn to DVD no problem but when I put the burnt DVD in it shows the 2 files and the program to play them. When I open the player it does not show 1 file despite it saying its on the DVD.

I tried by saving to the PC desktop and it does both files fine so that rules out the player being defective.

Someone said to me possibly UDF? Ive tried windows disk burning app and also CD Burner program off the internet as seen windows disk burner an issue?

Ive tried DVD + and - and still have same issue so that rules it out.

Anyone any ideas??

Thanks I have Windows 7

martd7 18:37 13 Sep 2018

What type of data are you burning to dvd?

martd7 18:42 13 Sep 2018

UDF is universal disk format ,Windows media player I'm sure can't play it,have you tried VLC player

Aitchbee 18:44 13 Sep 2018

Has the DVD disc been finalised by your 'burner' software?

shreked 20:12 13 Sep 2018

Im burning .DAV file and the software to view.

I dont think it finalising as when I burnt to DVD I could still add data afterwards and they are not DVD RW's

Aitchbee 20:25 13 Sep 2018

Finalise DVD might be in the settings/write options of your software - possibly a tick-box.

[btw, Imgburn has this option - the version I've got is 2.5.1.0 and was freeware several years ago.]

martd7 20:31 13 Sep 2018

Camcorder files? might be easier to convert them to another file type MP4 or something?

shreked 20:52 13 Sep 2018

Finalise DVD might be in the settings/write options of your software - possibly a tick-box. -- Will give it a go

Camcorder files? might be easier to convert them to another file type MP4 or something? Unfortunally cant as they are files for court.

wee eddie 02:37 14 Sep 2018

Are you loading the Viewing Software onto your PC before trying to view the .DAV File?

or just putting the DVD into the slot and hoping for the best

shreked 10:56 14 Sep 2018

ive got the program and the files for viewing on the disk and opening the viewing program first then clicking on a file to view

shreked 14:44 14 Sep 2018

Ive tried it at home using windows 10 and it burns to CD and DVD OK and when I go to view on CD its fine and when go to view on DVD its not showing 1st camera.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs