Cyrix 3 to Pentium 3?

vienna1981 00:09 13 Sep 2003

Hi I was thinking about changing my CPU(when I have enough money!) but wasn't sure which CPUs I could install into my motherboard, after checking the manual, it can take up to a Pentium 3 at 933 MHz. I currently use a Cyrix 3 at 600 MHz, which isn't too bad but was just interested as to whether it would be worth my while changing to a Pentium 3 at around 900 MHz? If so, where would I get a cheap/reasonably priced Pentium 3? Thanks in advance for all help!

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:13 13 Sep 2003

Unless you are gaming you will notice little or no difference. If you were into gaming you would not be using either chip at those speeds ;-)))) I would fire in some extra RAM; cheaper and a more noticeable result.

vienna1981 00:16 13 Sep 2003

I used to have 64 MB Ram and added 128MB (in order to get broadband) so now have 192 MB in total although the graphics seems to use 16 MB! I didnt notice much difference at all after adding more memory which is why I was looking to change CPU!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?