C:\WINNT\Driver Cache\i386 & missing files

[DELETED] 20:17 05 Dec 2003

Hi All,
An aquaintance has been experiencing intermittent driver problems on her machine which has Win2k, Norton Internet Security & AV installed all of which are bang up to date with all service packs etc. These problems escalated after downloading a Windows Driver Update service pack with games & other apps being affected with the addition of system crashes. The problem notably arises when running an AV system scan which invariable results in a crash. She has done some detective work & come up with a problem relating to the above file. She is now experiencing files disappearing.
Can anyone shed any light onto what might be going on?
Cheers.

[DELETED] 13:30 06 Dec 2003

No one know anything that might help?
I'll be surprised if there isn't!

powerless 13:33 06 Dec 2003

We'd thought we keep you waiting, see lads we got him, he fell for it.

hmmm anyway...

I'm not a W2K user but were here for you and someone will now how to help more than i can.

But how about removing the driver?

[DELETED] 20:06 08 Dec 2003

Still nothing, looks like I've dipped out this time. Ah well, she'll just have to consider a complete re-install I suppose.
Thanks anyway.

[DELETED] 20:20 08 Dec 2003

After defraging my hard disc I get a message stating that the computer cannot find "Libman.exe
Can any one advise on recoverery etc.

[DELETED] 20:29 08 Dec 2003

I remember getting something like that (i386) when installing a sound card; was running win98se on an old celeron 233, and on the install I kept getting asked for files from the D path. Never worked, though, but it was a driver issue, for sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Meet Superfiction, the little design studio with a load of character

Best Mac buying guide 2018

Comment résoudre les problèmes de connexion internet d’un iPhone ?