c:\windows\syatem32\tools\lostrun.exe

johnnyrocker 00:21 17 May 2003

i need help with this one i got a new computer about 2 months ago and all was fine, i checked the microsoft site for updates etc, i then loaded office 2000 as my pc had no office facilities ever since then the above error appears every time i boot up and it halts boot sequence til i select enter or click ok running win xp pro any ideas please as i am not too techie.
cheers.
johnnyrocker

hugh-265156 02:21 17 May 2003

click here see if this fixes it.

johnnyrocker 10:34 17 May 2003

my thanks for your tips folks 'huggy' i am using office 2k with win xp pro and iwonder if there is some kind of conflict? cheers for the link vog will try that when i go home.
johnnyrocker

hugh-265156 14:01 17 May 2003

sorry about the above link.just had a look with google myself and as VoG™ says above nobody seems to know what it is.i have xp home and just did a search for folders and had a look in the regestry and there is no reference to it at all. try running spybot click here and see if it finds anything.

johnnyrocker 14:46 17 May 2003

thanks for that i already have spy bot and it says it is clean, i also run syware blaster which intercepts any spyware on attempted entry, what i dont understand is what made windows suddenly start looking for a non existant file

cheers
johnnyrocker

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Stadia review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Bon Plan Adobe : 40 % de réduction sur l’abonnement Adobe CC