curriculum vitae advice

[email protected] 09:44 03 Nov 2008

good morning, every now and then i have to apply for my job again (keeps me on my toes) and every time i find myself straining to remember what the hell i put in the last one. i want to write and save one. i only use 1 screen nowadays. whats the easiest way to do this? i downloaded a template and most of the information is not needed.
so very basically what do i use are where do i write it?
i have open office 3 and foxit.
thanks
by the way in the past i haver just cobbled one together on ooo writer, is this how it's done?

johndrew 09:52 03 Nov 2008

Why not simply produce your CV in Open Office and save it? You can then amend as you require and save the update as a different version/name.

[email protected] 09:54 03 Nov 2008

hi, that's what i want. do i just write is using the writer module and save it? i just wondered if there were any shortcuts because i'm lazy.
thanks for the reply.

Stuartli 09:56 03 Nov 2008

I wouldn't put that on your CV...:-)

[email protected] 10:02 03 Nov 2008

they already know that... i have downloaded a template to foxit, minimised it and am build mine using writer in a seperate window. seems to be working. ideally i need a copy of my last one but better not ask work for it i suppose!
i just thought with technology nowadays there may be an easier way to do this, i could do it this way on my vic 20 or a typewriter for the matter!

[email protected] 10:06 03 Nov 2008

and the thimble full of sample ink in my printer seems to have gone....... only lasted three years....gonna be one of those days i think...
wtb a life coach.

chub_tor 10:20 03 Nov 2008

Microsoft Office has Templates for Resume (aka CV)- Contemporary and Elegant - I would imagine that these can be used in Open Office.

[email protected] 10:49 03 Nov 2008

thanks for all the help guys. all done now, printer not needed as i uploaded it.
thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?