Currently having a crashing issue with my computer

Johnson5572 10:22 08 Jul 2018

I have been having this issue for a while now and i've looked at every forum related to this issue and tried many things and nothings worked.

The issue i'm having is when i start something demanding like a game it'll freeze and that can range from 5 minutes into game play or 20, and then it'll freeze and restart with a few occasions showing a red screen until i restart. i thought it might be a overheating issue but the temperatures are stable when i monitor them and then it just freezes.

i have tried cleaning my computer multiple times unplugging everything and cleaning it all and then rebuilding with nothing working, whenever i look up fixes all i can find is "make sure there isn't any dust around the cpu blocking the fans" i've triple checked and cleaned the computer and still the exact same problem and i'm looking for any help that isn't "clean it out"

thanks

Specs: Processor: AMD FX-6300 3.50GHz (4.10GHz Turbo) 6x Core CPU Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 370 4096MB GDDR5 Graphics Card (Upgraded) Hard Drive: 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive Memory: 8GB (2x4096MB) 1600MHz DDR3 (32GB Max. Supported) Optical Drive: 24x LG Internal DVD Re-Writer Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX Motherboard Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Power Supply Case: BitFenix Comrade Midi - Tower (Black) Cooler: AMD Stock CPU Cooler

rdave13 12:59 08 Jul 2018

Have a look at this thread . Might be driver issues.

wee eddie 13:52 08 Jul 2018

This is the time of year that we get many of these problems.

You say that you have cleaned it so, we'll accept that as given.

However, when you cleaned it, did you make sure that the air was able to flow easily between the fins of the heat exchangers.

Also, is the case in a position that there is an easy airflow round about it.

Johnson5572 14:03 08 Jul 2018

wee eddie I've made sure nothing is blocking any of the fans and i have the pc below my desk with nothing blocking it i did notice that when i was watching the temperature graph after a bit it just slowly started to rise in temperature and that's when it cut off but i could see the fan still moving when this happened.

wee eddie 14:59 08 Jul 2018

Read again ~ I did not say "fans", I said "fins"

The fans draw the cooler air through the fins of the Heat Exchanger, the best of which are made of copper

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)