CRT monitor on new PC

  spark79 11:24 28 Feb 2007

Since getting a new PC we were wanting to give the old one to somebody else. We are using the TFT monitor that came with the old one on the new one but the person we'd like to give the computer to has an old CRT monitor (VGA connector?!).

Is there a way of getting a computer that is designed for a TFT montior conneced to a CRT monitor? Is there some adapter we can buy and if so, will it just plug and play or will we need drivers?

I'm not very good on these kind of hardwear things (as you can probably tell!).


  Stuartli 11:29 28 Feb 2007


click here

click here

Plenty of other sources.

  spark79 11:34 28 Feb 2007

Ah, I see. That's excellent thank you.
Would the monitor work automatically as soon as it's plugged in or would I need drivers? The PC is on XP.


  vinnyT 12:27 28 Feb 2007

Would the monitor work automatically as soon as it's plugged in -yes

would I need drivers? -no

You may have fiddle around with the contrast, refresh rate (should be at least 75hz, to avoid poss eye strain), etc to get the display to the new users satisfaction, but that's about all.

Hope this helps.

  harry12 12:58 28 Feb 2007

One other thing, if your tft monitor is analogue it would be a straight swop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique