Creative Inspire 4.1 speakers

Rebanut 09:43 05 Oct 2003

Hi I wonder if anyone could help with the above speakers, I have them on an Evesham system and all connections seem ok but the front two dont work, when I do a speaker test it only the back two that have sound coming from them, can anyone help me with this problem.
many thanks.

bremner 10:47 05 Oct 2003

This is likely to be a driver problem.

I have experienced the same problem, i've no idea why it happens but by reinstalling the driver it cures the problem.

Peverelli 11:46 05 Oct 2003

What sound card are you using?

Rebanut 11:50 05 Oct 2003

I am not very experienced with pc's but the documentation says its a Sound Blaster compatible 6 channel onboard if that helps.

Peverelli 12:36 05 Oct 2003

I would follow bremner's advice first to see if that cures the problem. If you've got XP then right click on 'My Computer' - left click on Manage then Device Manager. Click on the + sign next to Sound, Video & Game controllers and then right click on your sound card. Choose 'Update Driver'

Rebanut 12:56 05 Oct 2003

ta for your help but I am not sure which is the sound card as there is no sound blaster listed, there are ATI and Realtek AC/97 headings, is one of them the sound card.

Peverelli 14:35 05 Oct 2003

The Realtek AC/97 is the onboard sound. Other people are having problems with it recently: click here

click here

and an older but resolved thread: click here

Searching through this site, it seems that this sound 'card' has a problem with XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?