Creative dxr3 problems/resource conflict

myroo 15:07 20 Nov 2004

I am having trouble with the creative DXR3 card using win xp. I have tried to uninstall it however the uninstaller is missing a necessary file. It does not work at all now. However i am now unable to reinstall the drivers for the card. I haven't got a clue what to do.

Technotiger 09:18 21 Nov 2004

Hi, try a System Restore to before you had the problem. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Technotiger 09:20 21 Nov 2004

Or - providing you have your XP cd, run it and try Repair.

myroo 14:54 21 Nov 2004

I've tried all that, wont work, my pc doesn't even start now, it is beeping at me. 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 3 beeps, 1 beep, which means it is Testing for unexpected interrupts ...whatever that means. I have a Phoenix 4 vers. 6 motherboard installed. Nothing happens after the beeps, the monitor stays blank and the computer stays on but doesnt load. Looks like i have big problems!!!!

myroo 19:09 21 Nov 2004

fixed the problem...faulty creative dxr3 pci card..took out the card..everything working fine now..just have to go get another tv-out card..anyone any suggestions for a cheap/reliable one?

Technotiger 19:39 21 Nov 2004

Hi, glad you were able to get sorted - I use WinTVGo by Hauppauge, bought it for £45 in May 2003 - still going strong. Best of luck.

Technotiger 19:42 21 Nov 2004

Hi again - sorry, forgot to mention my WinTVGo is TV in - my TV Out is on my graphics card (Radeon 9200).

myroo 18:20 22 Nov 2004

thaks very much for your suggestion, good price too!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

See how VFX studio Rise created 'Jabariland', holograms & digital doubles in Marvel Studios' Black…

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?