Creating a website, never done this before

Daisy22 23:19 05 Apr 2016

I have never done this before so if anyone can help with some simple instructions I would be most grateful.

Do I first type all the info in a word document? If so, then how do I transfer the info into a website?

It is friends who need this and I would like to help them but I don't know how to do it as never done this before.

Do they have to pick a domain name/site to host first?

Any advice gratefully received.

LastChip 13:33 06 Apr 2016

Click here for an answer I gave a short time ago. If you use the search facility, you'll find a lot more.

boyo123boyo 17:28 06 Apr 2016

Ok, I'll give a step by step answer that's slightly different to the one above but follows similar steps.

Step 1: Decide if you want a paid for website (E.G: www.example.co.uk) or a free website (E.G: www.example.wordpress.com & less control and customizability). For paid website go to step 2, for free website go to step.

Step 2: Now they need to choose a domain. Some hosts will allow you to do this. I use TSO Host to buy my domain and host my website.

Step 3: If not using a host to purchase you domain, you now need to choose a host.

Step 4: Choose website creation software. My recommendation is WordPress.

Step 5: Locate further instructions on installation and use of software from your host/website software. (I can't give more information here unless you were to use TSO Host and Wordpress software.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans