Creating a "Hairy Circle" in CS3

john41958 22:09 02 Jan 2018
Answered

I am trying to adjust the options in the brush presets menu and then apply the brush to a circular path using the "stroke path" command in the path menu. My brush is a few hair shapes and I want it to apply to the circle path so that the consequence is what looks like a hairy circle with all hairs pointing out. That would mean the brush applied to the path so that it's base stayed perpendicular relative to the base path of the circle. So far I have not found that setting. As of yet I can only get the brush to apply to the circle in one initial direction so while the hairiness looks great at the top of the circle (hairs pointing out from the circle) while on the sides, the hairs are sideways relative to the circle path and at the bottom the top of the hairy brush actually points in towards the center of the circle. Can someone please tell me the specific control in the brush palette which controls this and can make the brush apply to the path is a dynamic way to keep the position consistent? Thanks.

john41958 22:38 02 Jan 2018
Answer

OK. So me again. First issue finally resolved. Sorry. I had a pen tilt command in the size jitter field selected which was messing the whole thing up. Now a second challenge. The rendering of the brush is showing up centered top top bottom of the brush relative to the circle path. Is there any way to apply a baseline shift so the base of the hairs render more closely to the line of the circle path?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Augmentation du tabac : les meilleures applications pour arrĂȘter de fumer