Creating a DVD from Windows Movie Maker project

collinsc 14:20 21 Jan 2017

Hi I am seeking some advice on burning a Windows Movie Maker (WMM) project to a DVD. I have successfully done this a few years ago using Ashampoo 6, however I forgot exactly which setting to choose, e.g. xxxxx or xxxxxx. I have tried all and none are working. I've downloaded the latest version of Ashampoo and still no luck.

I can't recall if I had to do anything special with the WMM project before it could be burnt to DVD… having looked at the format of the one I did successfully, it looks as though it is just a WMM file. Having done some googling, google suggested that the WMM should be converted to an MPEG to then burn… so I downloaded some software that advertised this was possible, but then when trying to convert it says that’s not possible!

Unfortunately my laptop does not have a DVD burner.

Any advice appreciated.

Many Thanks

collinsc 14:26 21 Jan 2017

Update to above - where ive said "choose, e.g. xxxxx or xxxxxx." i mean "choose "create/burn disc images" or "burn movies" which you can then create a video CD or Super Video CD"

Secret-Squirrel 09:25 22 Jan 2017

.......burning a Windows Movie Maker (WMM) project to a DVD.

As far as I know, that can't be done.

I can't recall if I had to do anything special with the WMM project before it could be burnt to DVD…

In Windows Movie Maker, click on "Save Movie" then choose "Burn a DVD". When the processing and rendering is complete, the saved file is automatically imported into "Windows DVD Maker" (if you're running Windows 7). If you'd prefer to use your own software with that file then cancel Windows DVD Maker.

Or, instead of "Burn a DVD", choose "For High Definition Display" or "For Computer" and create an MP4 or WMV file that you can then use in your favourite DVD-authoring software.

collinsc 17:48 22 Jan 2017

Thanks very much! You are right, first step is i forgot that i had to turn the project in to movie format. I have successfully burnt a DVD now - however the software ive used (iSkysoft DVD creator) has a watermark on the free version - so im off to search for another burner... any advice appreciated! (Ashampoo not worked for me yet) thanks again!

Secret-Squirrel 08:49 23 Jan 2017

.............im off to search for another burner... any advice appreciated!

My advice is "be careful". I did some research for you and I thought I'd stumbled upon a safe, good, free bit of software (DVDStyler). On further reading though, it apparently comes riddled with malware that gets installed even if you deselect all the unwanted extras during setup.

Trying to find malware-free software is becoming increasingly difficult nowadays :(

collinsc 09:35 23 Jan 2017

thanks - i'll report back if i find some suitable software - so that others can make use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?