creating backups, how?

metamorph 22:24 13 Mar 2004

i have a CDR which im trying to save a backup on, the problem i have is that the disc is only 700mb but the WINNT folder is nearly 900, and program files into the1000's mb is there a disc bigger than 700mb? if not which files should i save and which should i not bother saving? or do i need all the files in both folders to create a working backup?
M

metamorph 23:43 13 Mar 2004

also it says the max cd length is 82 mins, what can i increase this by, so as i get the extra 80mb i need to save the WINNT folder?

GaT7 23:51 13 Mar 2004

First, copy the WINNT folder to another location on your hard disk. Then split this folder into two folders. Cut & paste approx. 650Mb worth of files into one folder and the remaining into the other. Now burn the first folder to the 1st disk & the 2nd folder to the second disk & you're done. Likewise with your Program/Program Files folder. Split them before you burn to make it easier for you.

You can get Norton System Works Pro 2003 for £8-10 from click here=. It contains Ghost which I use & am very satisfied.

PS - Make sure you get the PRO version as the standard version doesn't have Ghost.

GaT7 00:01 14 Mar 2004

I've given you an Ebay link above. Before you buy confirm with the seller that they are indeed genuine OEM disks and NOT blank-faced copies.

If you're not familiar with Ebay we will help you. I think there're a quite a few Forum members who will be happy to assist (including yours truly!). Just ask : ) Good luck, G

metamorph 00:25 14 Mar 2004

brilliant thanx again for your help and advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?