Create a bootable usb using Win AIK

Blubottle 10:44 15 Jan 2019

hi. some help please,I need to create a bootable usb so I can run Diskguru within a O/S environment, change GPT partition style to MBR on a Dell laptop that has been formatted. I am trying to install Win 7 on this laptop. I have downloaded and unpacked WIN AIK on another win 7 laptop along with diskguru but I am stuck, what I need is a blow by blow set of instruction on how to proceed. many thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:11 15 Jan 2019

click here perhaps this might help?

Blubottle 14:55 15 Jan 2019

Thanks fruit bat but it doesn’t help much as I said I need a blow by blow set of instruction to guide me through.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:08 15 Jan 2019
  Blubottle 12:16 22 Jan 2019

Thanks again fruit bat. Let me explain my problem, I have a dell inspiron laptop which did have win 8 installed that has been removed and the Hdd has been formatted. It was then given to me to re-install Win 7 from installation disc. When I tried it reported that it was GPT style partition and could not be installed, this means I have to convert the bios back to legacy, I cannot get into the bios to do this, pressing F2 takes me to settings but there is no option to change to legacy. what I need to do is change to MBR but for the want of trying I just cannot work out how. Some advice/solution if possible.

beeuuem~2 13:44 22 Jan 2019

Does this help? click here

beeuuem~2 13:50 22 Jan 2019

or this ? click here

Blubottle 10:48 23 Jan 2019

Many thanks everyone, I managed to get this all sorted out by using a getparted disc to delete existing partitions, which then enabled a new installation.

beeuuem~2 12:02 23 Jan 2019

Thank you for letting us know your problem is resolved and your solution.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Hands-on

From Haiku to Hokusai: How a new puzzle game was inspired by ancient Japanese art

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les meilleurs forfaits mobiles à moins de 20 €