Craziest s**t ever - help!

Flayvaflayv 06:21 17 Jun 2018

Hi guys - anyone who can work this one out I will bow down before you lol... So I bought a refurbished PC off a guy the other day. He started it up in front of me, everything legit. When I got it home I pressed the on button but before even the bios blip it turned itself off again. Then it turns on again and off again and on again etc. I figured the power supply was screwed so I took it back to exchange for another. When I got there the guy plugged it in and it started up fine. He gave me a different unit anyway (i watched him boot it up, works perfectly) which I have just got home with AND IT IS DOING EXACTLY THE SAME THING! I have tried multiple power cords, different powerpoints and even went to another apartment in my building and nothing is making any difference. I have heaps of other electrical gear and it all works fine. All I can think of is that the power into my building is f**ed? Any ideas? Seriously, they guy I bought it off builds computers for a living and he has no clue either. Any advice much appreciated! Ta

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:46 17 Jun 2018

check he voltage supply from your building matches the requirements of the machine (printed on PSU)

KEITH 1955 14:35 17 Jun 2018

fruitbats advice is right, I suggest you also do the following.

check all cables are pushed onto sockets as far as they will go , carrying the pc from one location to another might be moving them just to stop something working. with regards to fruitbats comments what country are you in ….. voltage difference ?

plug something else into the wall socket the pc is using to see if that items works without anything odd happening.

just in case you do have a dodgy electrical supply in your home get yourself a surge protector.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom Cintiq alternatives

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?