Craziest s**t ever - help!

Flayvaflayv 06:21 17 Jun 2018

Hi guys - anyone who can work this one out I will bow down before you lol... So I bought a refurbished PC off a guy the other day. He started it up in front of me, everything legit. When I got it home I pressed the on button but before even the bios blip it turned itself off again. Then it turns on again and off again and on again etc. I figured the power supply was screwed so I took it back to exchange for another. When I got there the guy plugged it in and it started up fine. He gave me a different unit anyway (i watched him boot it up, works perfectly) which I have just got home with AND IT IS DOING EXACTLY THE SAME THING! I have tried multiple power cords, different powerpoints and even went to another apartment in my building and nothing is making any difference. I have heaps of other electrical gear and it all works fine. All I can think of is that the power into my building is f**ed? Any ideas? Seriously, they guy I bought it off builds computers for a living and he has no clue either. Any advice much appreciated! Ta

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:46 17 Jun 2018

check he voltage supply from your building matches the requirements of the machine (printed on PSU)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)