crashing 20 times a day

zoobie 05:30 10 Mar 2005

Hi - My system is crashing 20 times a day and 8 times just to post this message.
With the computer off, I unpluged my keyboard to clean it and then plugged it back in the ps/2. When I powered up, all hell broke loose. The mouse wheel suddenly resizes the text, the keyboard types strange symbols, everything freezes, typing in forms opens keyboard shortcuts, desktop shortcuts suddenly stopped working...even ctrl + alt + delete doesn't work.

I ran Dr Watson and found nothing.
I went into device mgr and found a warning under ACPI device:

Windows could not load the driver for this device because the computer is reporting two ACPI.SYS bus stypes. (Code 2)

I really can't type or operate under these conditions.

What happend?

Any help appreciated.

Win98se
Firefox/  

zoobie 05:38 10 Mar 2005

sorry...I plugged my keyboard back into the appropriate outlet...not the ps/2. My wife cleaned the keyboard and I noticed a ton of water in it when i shook it. It's dry now but with the same symptoms.

I've had to copy and paste this message several times and jsut rebooted for the 9th time since the typing freez

zoobie 19:09 10 Mar 2005

Fortunately, my wife had bought me a new keyboard for Christmas. No problems since I've hooked it up. Guess it was kinda obvious what the problem was...yet it looked like the OS had been corrupted. Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Climate change, War and #MeToo: 'Ugly Truth' Christmas jumpers show the dark side to modern life

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Windows 10 : comment désactiver Cortana ?