OWilson 15:44 16 Oct 2018

Specs:
Motherboard: ROG strix b250f
CPU: i7- 7700k
Cooler: H100i v2 all in one water cooler
GPU: GTX 1070
PSU: 450W Corsair CX450M
Memory: 16GB DDr4 FlareX

I built my PC about 4 months ago and just last week I have been getting CPU fan error on boot without any changes to software. I went in to BIOS and set fan speed to ignore so I could see what was going on and my temps were hitting 80 Celsius when just Idle. Obviously I assumed the pump was faulty so I sent it in for testing only to find that apparently the pump is functional fine. I have no idea what else could be wrong with it if nothing has changed? Any suggestions for testing or a fix would be greatly appreciated

xania 13:33 19 Oct 2018

Not familiar with water cooled systems but the common cause of this problem is insufficient heat transfer between CPU on heat sink. Is there sufficient effective paste between the two?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL