CPU and RAM have high usage whithout me doing much

koromilos 16:43 13 Jun 2018

Hello everyone,

I have a few issues screwing my PC for quite a while so any help will be awesome.

RAM and CPU usage go very high, whithout me running a lot of programs. For example in the image provided, I am running a Chrome tab with a twitch stream on it (lowest quality for testing purposes, if that matters), reddit tab and State of Decay 2, a game which is not considered very heavy, compared to other games. Both my RAM and CPU usage is very high. CPU at 42% which makes no sense since the game eats 30% and everything else is minor. With the RAM I have a bigger issue. Everything on the screenshot accounts hardly to 2 GBs which is 1/4 (8 GBs) of my available memory, not 58% as it shows. Could it be a memory leak? Maybe a malware or a virus or something? Maybe cause my RAM sticks are old? GPU is also at 100% usage but I don't know what that means and even if it is worth mentiong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Screenshots of Specs and Task Manager

Some info that could be usefull.

I have MalwareBytes and Ccleaner running.

I recently formatted my SSD C: drive but did not format my old 2 TB hard drive that has a bunch of stuff in it. Maybe even a virus but I doubt it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:52 13 Jun 2018

Windows is a big user task manager showing 17% of 16G and the only thing open is task manager.

Chrome seems to be the next biggest as TM shows 14 instances with just this site open.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable