CPU monitor

steve263000 13:59 09 Dec 2010

I have purcashed a new netbook, (a Sony Vaio) and on the whole it does what is supposed to do. But I have put on the screen the CPU monitor from windows gadgets. This shows that the main monitor runs right up to 100% at start up and then back down again fairly quickly.

But the smaller monitor stays on about 60%. Is that normal? I have one on the laptop I use at home and that is at about 35% or so usually.

Also can I change the wallpaper on these small machines? I have a few photos in I would like to use but the normal left click and use photo does not seem to be there. Is it because they are windows 7 starter?

GaT7 15:22 09 Dec 2010

About the wallpaper query, yes you cannot change it due to a Win7 Starter limitation - a list of these can be viewed at click here.

However, tweakers out there often find ways around some of these restrictions, like click here to change wallpaper. G

Bris 17:08 09 Dec 2010

The smaller monitor shows the % of the PC memory that you are currently using and this depends on whats running and how many windows you have open. You can reduce this by closing a few windows but as long as you keep it below 90% all should work OK. Its there so that you can monitor your usage of the available memory and when the % gets near to 100% you can either take action to reduce usage or add more memory. 60% is fine.

steve263000 10:00 10 Dec 2010

As usual in the forums the answers come quickly and efficiently. So a big thanks to crossbow and bris for the information

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?