Cpu clock speed drops to basic

Barna Kelemen 11:36 28 Jul 2018

New rig Asus Rog Tuf fx 504 GE Stuttering and fps drops every few seconds in any newer game, low-untra setting the same way. On desktop mode, the clock speed goes up to 4,1 ghz, without any software. But as I start playing a game , moving a character, driving a car, the clock speed drops back to basic 2,2 ghz. Latest bios version . Dont have intel speedstep settings in it, power management options also not working, or just has no effect. Triel a lot of tweaking , and monitoring software, doesnt make any change... Any other ideas?

alanrwood 09:13 29 Jul 2018

There is no such thing as a cell in the CPU. I think the poster means that there is a battery cell on the motherboard which maintains the motherboard settings including the date/Time. This is referred to as the CMOS battery and powers the BIOS/UEFI chip to hold the settings when the mains power is removed.

Sorry I can't help with the original question.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Amy Cesal's Play-Doh infographics bring fun and colour to datavis

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Modifier un PDF : les meilleurs éditeurs PDF