CPU at 99% and internet speed at .53mbps, help

Baffledandbewildered 06:09 19 Sep 2018

Admittedly I am not computer savvy, however my Lenovo with Windows10 is really frustrating me. It started with dropping internet connection in a sort of laggy way. CPU kept jumping up to 99%. Turned off background programs and apps for an easy reboot (if that’s what it’s called, I think in safe mode). Defragged today. Tried to diskcleanup but it wouldn’t actually delete the files that supposedly would have given me 10.9GB of room. Tried multiple times to delete, it never did. Turned off hibernation, still didn’t delete. Now, I have no clue what to do next. Please help me, anyone.

chub_tor 13:19 19 Sep 2018

Have you scanned for viruses and malware? That is the first thing to check.

Baffledandbewildered 16:33 19 Sep 2018

Chub_tor, yes and windows defense reported there to be no suspicious files found.

MJS WARLORD 18:13 19 Sep 2018

download and run antimalware bytes , if it finds anything do repeat scans till it finds nothing , ignore the offer to buy premium you only miss out on real time monitoring.

look in start menu , msconfig for items you don't want to run at start up , I only have av and sound card set to run at boot up.

bring up task manager and look how many things ( apps at top ) you got running , is their anything you don't recognise.

check browser add ins and installed programs for items you don't recognise.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)