cover disc

Simpsonleys 18:05 05 Apr 2007

did anyone get the CD version of the may magazine and get the PC repair disc as advertised - I am getting different stories about this - this was another disc than the office 2007 trial

skidzy 18:08 05 Apr 2007

Yes got mine,but i do have the dvd issue.
Your welcome to the disc,if you use the yellow envelope beside my user name to contact me ,i can ship it off to you.

skidzy 18:52 05 Apr 2007

On its way in the morning,please beaware of the Easter postal service.

All the best.

Simpsonleys 17:43 06 Apr 2007

once again your help is very much appreciated

Miros 08:45 07 Apr 2007

PC repair disc as advertised in the May Magazine?

Just looked at mine and can't see any evidence of it. We must be talking PC Advisor here I presume.

Are you talking about the PC emergency tool kit?

Have been mad busy with Decorating so may have missed something here.

Miros 08:51 07 Apr 2007

Oops just looked inside the magazine and see what your talking about. Don't recall getting a separate disc myself. As I said been up to my eyes in other matters will have to check this one out.

Simpsonleys 11:36 07 Apr 2007

Disc recd this am - thanks very much - you didn't leave your details for me to send postage

Simpsonleys 11:38 07 Apr 2007

was in W H Smith this morning and the disc was on the mag there. When I rang the disc helpline I was told it wasn't in the mag - so someone doesn't have the right story

Belatucadrus 12:42 07 Apr 2007

It's in the CD copy if you buy over the counter, if you subscribe to the CD edition, tough you don't get it as you've been deemed a viable target for cost cutting and will now be receiving a new "Lite" version rather than the full CD copy you thought you were paying for.

click here

Hasn't gone down all that well with some people.

skidzy 15:04 07 Apr 2007

Hi Simpsonleys,glad you received the disc ok.I hope it helps you out at some point or other.

No need to worry about postage,only a few pence.

All the best.

Miros:

As per Belatucadrus says,but for me i have the dvd version that the other half gets from work,she works in a major distribution company that handles all types of mags etc.For the sake of a couple of pound extra,you get everything that may be availible.

Miros 19:19 07 Apr 2007

I have been mad busy of late Decorating a couple of bedrooms, and this is the first time I have looked at this months (May) DVD and have now found the PC repair kit on it, I thought it was on a separate CD!

Must say everything is presented in a different format on the DVD which threw me a little.

All's well that ends well as they say :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?