Hot Topics

A couple of Lidl bargains

Stuartli 14:22 09 Sep 2009

Many will be aware of what is tagged an audio/video grabber for capturing analogue audio or video in digital form.

The cost is usually around £35 to £40 but from next Monday (September 14th) Lidl is offering this device under its Silvercrest brand name (akin to Medion at Aldi) for just £16.99.

The 2.0 USB device has a video/audio port adaptor, S-Video cable, video cable, USB cable, stereo cinch cable, Scart adaptor and a CD-ROM containing drivers and CyberLink PowerDirector 7 video editing software.

Also going on sale is a reappearance of its premium inkjet photo paper (I find it excellent).

In glossy, fade resistant and waterproof 280gm form, sizes are A4 (50 sheets for £4.49) and 10cmx15cm at £3.99 for 100 sheets).

woodchip 23:01 14 Oct 2010

You have to open a program to capture to, be it the one supplied with the hardware, or Movie Maker. or some other

Stuartli 23:53 14 Oct 2010

rdave13

Thanks for the comments. Whether it's an internet forum or not doesn't mean that you have to undergo a completely way off the mark reaction.

By the way, the Panasonic TX-P42G20B is proving a monster purchase even seven or so months on.....

Nontek 17:44 26 Sep 2011

drewey

As is your spelling!

What is the point of making such a comment?

Nontek 17:46 26 Sep 2011

Ooops - just noticed the date of OP!

audeal 20:48 26 Sep 2011

I am affraid I agree with drewey. I purchased one of these video grabbers from Lidls about a year ago and the quility is so bad that it is unwatchable. It does have a Svideo connection but this was no better than the mono connection. Of course I can't speak for all the grabbers, maybe I just got a bad one. It was the last one at the store in Bedford.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP's ZBook Firefly is a genuine MacBook Pro rival

Megan Thee Stallion's Aeon Flux-inspired music video is the perfect lockdown tonic

iPhone hackers have had access to iOS 14 'since February'

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans