Couldn't identify exact problem with HDD

priyam 09:30 13 Aug 2019
Answered

While working my extra HDD suddenly stops showing in My computer I changed the HDD thinking it might be broken but i m facing same problem i switched the sata cable with SSD to see if its the cable but again HDD stopped not SSD, I changed to other 3 sata ports on motherboard excpet port 0 which is SSD but still having same problem. The HDD shows up when i power off and on the cpu but after a while it stops working(showing in my computer) i could not point where the problem is.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:58 13 Aug 2019

Is it showing in device manager?

priyam 10:05 13 Aug 2019
Answer

yes but with a cross mark at bottom and says that volume in unallocated. but i couldn't perform any action on it and i have allocated the space when it was working thw first time

wee eddie 11:36 13 Aug 2019

Just a Guess > the Drive is Partitioned > However the Partitions do not use the whole Disk Space

priyam 12:05 13 Aug 2019

no its not partitioned just the 15MB windows reserved

WhirlingRound 12:32 13 Aug 2019

no its not partitioned just the 15MB windows reserved

Is this a brand new drive? If not, have you used it in other systems?

Might be worth trying a different power connector. The physical SATA style power connectors are not nearly as tight fitting as the older style ones which had only 4 pins.

In the past, I've had drives lose their power due to a loose connection, and that has confused Windows.

priyam 16:17 13 Aug 2019

yes it is brand new drive and i have tried it on my friends pc there was no problem with his it worked fine for 2 days then i reinstalled it in my cpu but i m having the problem

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:43 13 Aug 2019

Try solution 2 from click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Witcher 3 (Switch) Preview

Classic posters from Cuba's Golden Age celebrate cinema and revolution

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Comment télécharger des films et séries Amazon Prime Video ?