Could you recommenced me a laptop?

GreenSpring 17:39 15 Nov 2013

I am looking to purchase a laptop but I am unsure of what to go for. I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong section. Here are the things I am after in the laptop:

• Has to be portable: I will be taking this to college every day and I'm tired of heaving around the heavy laptop I am currently using.
  • Price range: I am a student working part time, I cannot afford a super high-end machine, anything that fits the requirments but comes at a reasonable price would be great, I'm looking for something below the £300 mark. £300 being the ABSOLUTE maximum.
  • Capable of...: I do like to mess around on a few games when I get bored, I'd like the laptop to run a few low end games with no trouble. Most process heavy game probably being minecraft.
  • Can't overheat!: I have had two laptops and they both get insanely hot when I'm just writing something out, I have actually have one produce smoke! I need a laptop which isn't prone to overheating.

That just about sums it up. Again, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I thank you in advance for any comments.

Jollyjohn 15:24 16 Nov 2013

Check out

PC World - refurbished laptops - filter by OS - W7 64bit

Same at Tesco Direct they have a few left running W7

eBuyer have some as well

Also have a look in your local computer shop / repair centre if there is one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?