Could someone help me find a laptop!

Sapphira C 22:12 10 Aug 2009

As a matter of great urgency I need to buy a laptop/notebook. I need it to have:

• 15 “ screen
• Built in webcam
• Microphone or do they automatically come built in if there is a built in webcam?)
• Intel Core 2 Duo
• No less than 2 GB memory
• 250 GB Hard Drive
• Vista
• Good screen resolution (will be loading lots of photos and short videos)
• DVD & RW Drive
• DVD player
• Wireless network
• Built in sound card and speakers
• High speed USB2 ports
• Analogue Modem
• TV out
• Memory card ready

Now, is all that too much to expect for not more than £400 inclusive of VAT?

Oh, and how easy would it be for me to get a Greek keyboard. I understand this would be extra but would it be easy to come across over here in UK?

Any idea what I should look at and where I should go either on High Street or internet?

I think you can tell that I am an amateur and have had to look what I may need! So, what do you think have I missed anything?

Any little bit of info or advice would be wonderful.

Thanks so much

Forum Editor 18:00 11 Aug 2009

I think you can forget the TV out at that price level.

Secondly, all new laptops come automatically equipped with a wireless network adapter.

click here might suit your needs, although it exceeds your budget figure.

I have not come across any laptops with Greek keyboards, although you can buy sets of key stickers fairly easily.

Sapphira C 18:33 11 Aug 2009

Dear Editor

Thank you for your feedback. I think somewhere along the line I have misunderstood what TV ‘out’ means. So, I can happily remove that from my tick list.

Coincidentally, I did source a supplier of Greek Alpha/numeric stickers yesterday and they should be with me in the next few day.

Incidentally, could you tell me if there are any requirements for using a laptop brought over from Greece to use in UK. Is there anything more to it than using a UK mains adaptor? Can it simply be plugged in and the internet and emails immediately accessible?

I shall now get down to checking out your suggestion.

Thanks again for answering my query. I only discovered your website and forum last night and have already spread the word.

Regards

Sapphira

lotvic 21:13 11 Aug 2009

Double post - please reply on other thread as it already has more replies click here

Sapphira C please don't double post with same query as it gets confusing.

Please tick this and click on Resolved.

Sapphira C 22:14 11 Aug 2009

Yes, I'm sorry. I did apologise on the other thread but I couldn't find this one to do the same on!

lotvic 22:55 11 Aug 2009

Thanks for green ticking resolved :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?