Corrupted Hard Drive

Liteman 14:21 21 Jan 2007

I have recently installed a Lacie remote (USB) hard drive

I run XP Home Edition, Lacie is formatted NTFS.

I have recently transferred some Photoshop files across to the Lacie for safe & final storage, each file being anywhere in the region of 150 to 500MB. Having moved them I deleted them from their original position to free up space.
Have just tried to access one of these files, to be greeted by "K:\is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted". I know that the disk is working (in part) because it's second partition (L)is fully readable. Is there any way of getting into drive K without having to reformat?

Cuddles 16:11 21 Jan 2007

Tryclick here Drive Rescue it i have used it several times

Batch 16:18 21 Jan 2007

Keeping files just in one place cannot be considered "safe". You should always keep a back-up.

woodchip 19:17 21 Jan 2007

TestDisk can restore a Partition. click here

How to click here

Liteman 20:13 21 Jan 2007

Cuddles, It looks as if Drive Rescue has been discontinued, only to be replaced by a successor costing many dollars.

Batch, I know your're right, but I had planned do do backup with my weekly backup this weekend - best laid plans etc.

Woodchip, bit thick probably, but can't work out how to use TestDisk.

woodchip 00:07 22 Jan 2007

It's dead easy just follow the second link

skidzy 00:13 22 Jan 2007

Drive rescue click here

lotvic 00:29 22 Jan 2007

Could you try a 'Undelete' prog on your hard drive to recover them from their original position?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique