Correcting text size in 'e' mail printing:

23790954 16:15 19 Sep 2008

Once again I require the help of you kind folk out there.
I use BT Yahoo mail, as my 'e' mail programme, and print documents on a Canon MP 460 multifunction device. My computer operates on Windows XP professional.
When I print 'e' mails with my printer, the text appears so small, that I find it very difficult
to read. Printing from other programmes, e.g. Word Pad etc., print the same as you see on the monitor, which is what I would expect my 'e' mails to print. After contacting BT helpline, I was advised to click on the view menu, and select a larger size of text, which I did do, but although it makes my inbox very much bigger on the monitor, it stil prints my 'e' mails to a very small size. BT stated that if this advise did not work, to contact the printer company.
As my printer is only a few weeks old, and works fine in other programmes, I feel this is not necessary.
This appears to have occurred, after I installed Windows XP service pack 3, and Internet Explorer 7, which I did recently.
Having perused all previous threads on this matter, without finding a salution, I would appreciate any advice on the matter.
Many thanks to all who try to help.

Stuartli 17:10 19 Sep 2008

The most likely reason is that the Text size configuration in IE and/or OE is not set at Medium - usually found via View>Text size.

Stuartli 17:12 19 Sep 2008

Oops, just read further into your thread and that doesn't work it seems; however, OE uses IE configuration so worth rechecking both.

23790954 21:07 19 Sep 2008

I have solved this problem by uninstalling both Windows XP service pack 3, and internet explorer 7. Prints just fine now.
Thanks for looking.

Stuartli 00:04 20 Sep 2008

Bit of a drastic solution....:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?