Cordless Mouse Batteries??

roygbiv 18:47 29 Aug 2005

How long should they last?

I have 2500, 2000,1300 uniross AA batries They dont seem to last very long. 2500 might last few weeks at most, 1300 few hours!!. checked with 2 different chargers, used batteries in different things (torches etc.) still seem to go flat very quickly. logetech cordless desktop (optical mouse)

€dstowe 18:51 29 Aug 2005

I have a machine with a M/S cordless keyboard and mouse. Had it about a year. Replaced the batteries in the keyboard once and never replaced the batteries in the mouse - they are the original AA non-rechargeable cells of Chinese origin that came with the units.

Al94 19:26 29 Aug 2005

I may be totally wrong, but don't think rechargeables are best suited to the low power long term requirements of a cordless mouse. I use ordinary AA's and they last for ever (well almost). Rechargeables best suited where there is a short/medium term power requirement like cameras, radios, mp3 players etc

woodchip 19:28 29 Aug 2005

That's the benefit of a Mouse docking station

Taff36 19:29 29 Aug 2005

I also have a Logitech cordless optical and use re-chargeables. The keyboard batteries need changing about once a week and the mouse one`s about once a fortnight. It depends on the amount of use they get and the mouse seems to be flashing all the time so I`m not too surprised. Still got to be cheaper than any other method - I mean how long does it take to change two batteries?

Technotiger 19:29 29 Aug 2005

Hi, I agree with the others - re-chargables are not best batteries to use. A decent non-rechargeable make such as Duracell would last much longer.

Cheers.

Technotiger 19:33 29 Aug 2005

ps - I use so-called non rechargeables, but I do have a Charger to recharge them. It is called the Battery Manager Ultra by Innovations. Not cheap to buy, but saves money in the long run.

Cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:34 29 Aug 2005

Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse.

keyboard use same batteries since got PC at end of March

mouse uses rechargeables last approx 1 week.

Technotiger 19:34 29 Aug 2005

ps - I use so-called non rechargeables, but I do have a Charger to recharge them. It is called the Battery Manager Ultra by Innovations. Not cheap to buy, but saves money in the long run.

Cheers.

Technotiger 19:35 29 Aug 2005

Ooops - Site problem rearing it's ugly head again - Sorry!!

woodchip 19:40 29 Aug 2005

Hear this mouse as a button for MS Office on top click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?