copy/paste

podlod 12:59 07 Oct 2008

Hi, when I click copy on a letter which i have in microsoft word, and then try to paste it ( insert ) into my email ready to send, it refuses to paste itself where I write the letter to someone, just a red ball appears which is an icon of my Bit Defender, but it will paste in my subject area above, can you explain what I am doing wrong?

Jak_1 13:07 07 Oct 2008

Are you highlighting the text and then doing a rt click to copy and then paste. I have just done a test with MS Word and it pasted into an email with no problems! Is Bit Defender the cause of the problem or has this just started to happen?

podlod 13:46 07 Oct 2008

Hi, this is the first time in a couple of days I have tried this, and now I find also that when I write an email there is spacing between each line?

tullie 14:08 07 Oct 2008

Are you doing what Jak suggested ie:Highlighting the whole text,then copy/paste?As for a space between lines when writing emails,i hope there is otherwise it would be a mess

Woolwell 14:37 07 Oct 2008

I used to have BitDefender and I got the red ball from time to time. It usually occurred because I hadn't copied properly.

podlod 08:05 08 Oct 2008

Hi Tulie, what I meant was that the spacing between the lines you could get another 2 lines of info in-between,

like this

as an example.

Maybe its the Bit Defender that is interfering then Woolwell?

FatboySlim71 08:19 08 Oct 2008

When you have copied the selected, have you tried using CTRL V to paste it instead of the paste option from the menu?

I know sometimes I can't get copied text etc to paste when using the menu option but I can with the CTRL V option.

Also if you are still having problems it might be an idea to try using CTRL C to copy the text you have highlighted and see if this makes any difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)