How do I copy and paste text from a PDF file?
Copying and pasting text from PDFs can have unpredictable results, particularly where text spans more than one column or includes tables or graphics. You will also lose some formatting. You also cannot copy and paste text from PDFs, such as ASIC Gazettes and enforceable undertakings, that have been created from scanned documents.
To copy text from a PDF file :
* open the file in Adobe Reader
* click the "T" button (Text select tool) on the Adobe Reader toolbar (in Adobe Reader v3 this is the ABC button)
* highlight the text you wish to copy
* click the "Copy" button on the Adobe Reader toolbar (do not use the Browser's toolbar or menu options)
* switch back into your word processing package and paste the text into a new document.