Copying demo cds problem on cd-rs!

albu 21:25 26 Mar 2005

I have 2 of my own demo cds with one song recorded on each. I recorded the 1st song okay to an ordinary cd-r using media player but the 2nd song won't copy at all using nero or media player?
I have tried a cd-r and cd-rw, lowering the recording speed and cleaning the cd?

When you're copying music cds, should you copy to an audio cd-r disk, rather than using a cd-r for computer data?

Any help or advice please?

Thanks

DieSse 22:28 26 Mar 2005

"but the 2nd song won't copy" - can you describe exactly what does happen please.

There is no need to asu "audio" CD-Rs to copy music to.

albu 19:11 27 Mar 2005

My demo is copied to the media player library - I select copy to cd or device in media player - Selected demo - Insert media dialogue box came up asking me to insert a cd-r or cd-rw - Then Windows media player 9 series 0xC00D11AB:cannot copy files to recordable disc condition ID 0X00000000. It suggests I clean cd-r, select slower write speed, try a different brand of disc and quit other programs. I've tried these.

In Nero it comes up - This CD is not writable.

Why did the first demo record okay?

Using XP Home, Media Player 9, Nero 5.5.
CD-Rs tried: Memorex 80 min 1x-16x compatible and Traxdata 16x

CD-RW: Philips: CD-RW80 80 min 4-12x.

Can anyone offer me any help please?

DieSse, thanks!

albu 19:53 27 Mar 2005

Just updated to media player 10 and same problems exist.

albu 20:55 27 Mar 2005

As I'm new and inexperienced in burning cd's I think I now know what I was trying to do.

I burned 1 song to a cd-r then stopped. I then tried to burn another song to the same cd-r, which you can only write once to.

I tried burning both demos to a new cd-r at the same and it worked.

Silly Old Me, Doh!

lisa02 21:12 27 Mar 2005

For ordinary data on a cd-r you can do a multi-session disc, keep burning to a single disc til its full(in different sessions), but you can't when you make an audio one, just data.

Thought I'd mention cos I kept wasting cd-r's with just a few files til I was told multi-session!!

plsndrs3 21:23 27 Mar 2005

You haven't mentioned whether you are copying on the fly [disk-to-disk] or through the hard drive. I had a simlar issue a while back and eventually sorted it by copying the whole disk over to the hard drive, then copying from the hard drive to the CDR. Nero seemed to prefer this - only had the problem once never again though!

HTH

Paul

plsndrs3 21:25 27 Mar 2005

My browser didn't update with your solution. Ignore my comments [most do :o)]

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?