AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards
Hi, My son was having a lot of trouble with his machine crashing when using microsoft works. I saved all his documents to CD, uninstalled Works and installed Word 2000. When I try to open one of his documents from the CD or his documents, all I get is a load of code. Using Word 2000 to open the document displays the same code. How do I convert these documents so that they are readable?. Thanks, troopship
From click here
If Microsoft Works 6.0 Is Not Installed on the Same Computer as Microsoft Word
To install the Works 6.0 Converter on the computer where Microsoft Word is installed, follow these steps: 1. In your Web browser, browse to the following Microsoft Web site:
2. Read the information about the Works 6.0 Converter, and then click Download Now.
3. In the File Download dialog box, click Open. The Wp6rtf.exe document is now downloaded to your computer.
4. Click Yes to the following message:
Are you sure you want to install the Works 6.0 converter?
5. Click Yes to accept the Microsoft License Agreement. If you click No, the Works 6.0 Converter Setup ends, and the Works 6.0 Converter is not installed on your computer.
6. The Works 6.0 Converter Setup now extracts and installs the Works 6.0 Converter (Works632.cnv) on your computer.
To open a Microsoft Works 6.0 word-processing document in Microsoft Word, follow these steps: 1. Start Microsoft Word.
2. On the File menu, click Open.
3. In the Open dialog box, follow these steps: a. Change the Look in box to the location of your Works 6.0 word-processing document.
b. Change the Files of type box to Works 6.0.
c. Select the Works word-processing document (*.wps) that you want to open, and then click Open.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.