Convert Word documents from US to UK English

  Clapton is God 10:10 07 Nov 2007

I have several MS Word (2002 and 2003) documents which have been e-mailed to me and were created in English (US).

Although the settings on my PC are for English (UK) all of these documents still show as English (US) when I do a spell-check.

Is it possible to convert all of these documents to English (UK) and, if so, how?

  I am Spartacus 10:14 07 Nov 2007

Tools, Language, Set language?

  ambra4 10:20 07 Nov 2007

You need to set language in Word to English UK as the default

Open Word-Tools- Language-Set Language-English UK-Default-OK

  Clapton is God 10:26 07 Nov 2007

God, I'm slow today.

In fact, you're both partly correct.

Having experimented a bit you need to open the document and then highlight all of it.

Then go to Tools; Languge; Set Language, English (UK).

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?