Convert Windows XP Home to Windows XP Professional

  Edward_Winsall 11:30 31 Dec 2005


Can anybody suggest the cheapest (LEGAL) way of converting indows XP Home to Windows XP Professional. I need to as i am a student who wishes to put there laptop on a collage network and i need the networking features of Professional.

Any ideas?

  bremner 11:35 31 Dec 2005

Upgrade click here = £127.30

  PaulB2005 11:38 31 Dec 2005

What features of Pro do you need that are not in Home?

  Edward_Winsall 11:39 31 Dec 2005

Apparently Professional has some networking features of which home doesnt.

  bremner 11:41 31 Dec 2005

I assume that the college network is a domain which XP HE does not support.

  PaulB2005 11:42 31 Dec 2005

True but if you are just logging on to a Uni Network then i doubt there's any extras in Pro that'll you'll need or use.

Read these and then decide:

click here

click here

  Edward_Winsall 11:43 31 Dec 2005

Thanks for your help. Looks like i will have to buy an upgrade, even though for a few extra features it is a lot of money.

Anyway, Thanks Again

  AndySD 11:47 31 Dec 2005

click here looks like it can do this for you.

  PaulB2005 11:52 31 Dec 2005

"I assume that the college network is a domain which XP HE does not support."

That's worrying then because the majority of PCs come with XP Home unless specified otherwise. How many other students will be caught out? Surely Home has enough features to get onto the network?

  Edward_Winsall 11:57 31 Dec 2005

Exactly, they added hotspots but these were taken out as "apparently" they interfered with the other wireless network. It is a domain network yes.

  Edward_Winsall 11:58 31 Dec 2005

Andy, i am unsure what you mean by the website you sent me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?