Continuous black screens 2-3 seconds long

Sohail187 23:04 01 Oct 2018

Good evening all,

First time really that I have re-sorted to seeking help on forums as I am all out of options, so any help would be much appreciated!.

First of all my system specs- GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 CPU - Intel I5 4690K RAM - 16gig DDR3 1600 hz MB - Z79 GAMING 5 mother board Monitor BenQ XL2730 ZOWIE 27 Inch 144hz monitor.

Ok so the issue is that, when ever i am playing ANY game or watching any video either online or something I have downloaded my screen will randomly go black for 3-5 seconds and then come back on. When it comes back on its only on for a few seconds before it starts to go off again. As you could imagine the above occurring constantly can get fairly frustrating.

It just happened recently and I am not sure what has changed to set it off.

• Things I have done to try and fix this issue. DDU to uninstall the Nvidia drivers and then reinstalled earlier version to see if this help.
  • I saw a video which stated to change the power settings for the PCI express slot. (Link State Power Management Setting: OFF.

• I have seen a video that recommended using MSI after burner and changing some of the GPU settings on there.

• I have played around with the VSYNC options on the Nvidia global settings. I have tried the default settings, VSYNC off, VSYNC fast none of them.

• I have changed HDMI cables in case it was a faulty cable.

That's about it! if anyone has any idea what this could be or a few other things i could try.

Look forward to any response / help.

Kind Regards Sohail

Sohail187 23:07 01 Oct 2018

Sorry the I should have mentioned the bullet pointed lists are things I have tried that have not worked.

Regards Sohail

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs