Contact lists on different devices and phones

john bunyan 13:57 01 Feb 2018

My wife and I have I phones and share a desktop. We each have Outlook e mail accounts, and I also have a Talk Talk one. On the phones there is a limited list of people , mainly friends etc, with their phone numbers and the occasional e mail or whats app contact. On the PC is a very large list of contacts , mostly only with e mail addresses that includes business, military and other contacts that I do not want on the phones. What is the best way to keep the phones with a limited list rather that having them all on the phone contact list. We also have Apple ID and hopefully the phone contacts are in the I cloud in case of phone change.

john bunyan 13:59 01 Feb 2018

PS the phone contacts were manually loaded from a paper address book.

john bunyan 14:24 02 Feb 2018

I will try Dr Google instead! As a supplementary, for outlook e mail, it can be annoying to get so many alerts on my I phone - I am happy to wait until at my PC most of the time. It is IMAC. Can I turn off messaging on the phone at times I want to avoid incoming mail on it?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?