Constant and permanent Performance issues!

[email protected] 19:58 15 Nov 2015

Hello, this is my first time ever posting a pc help required issue. I have lived with this issue for months because its so difficult and broad of an issue to solve. I will start my plea with a description of the fault, it started when i first installed windows 10. I will be playing a game (any game) perfectly for days or weeks at a time, then suddenly a drop of fps. From that moment on i get a constant performance issue on any and everything i try to do. Not just on games but anything. I get constant explorer crashes, windows takes ages to load, slow pc to the point of (not responding) programs.

I really am desperate for a fix, there is nothing obviously wrong in the task manager. I would like to add the only fix i have found is reinstalling windows from scratch. The fault is then ok for another few weeks. But i cant keep reinstalling windows every few weeks.

I have replaced by hard drive with an SSD as i thought that may be the issue. I found another issue with one of my sticks of RAM which i am now believing was not at fault.

I leave you with my specs. I have recently reverted to windows 8 for the 5th or 6th time to attempt to resolve the issue.

Operating System Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit CPU AMD FX-8150 40 °C Zambezi 32nm Technology RAM 4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24) Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-970A-DS3 (Socket M2) 33 °C Graphics DELL SE197FP ([email protected]) SHARP HDMI ([email protected]) 4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 40 °C Storage 111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G ATA Device (SSD) 33 °C 298GB Seagate ST3320620AS ATA Device (SATA) 41 °C

I know this is going to be a broad issue and i have tried alot of things to solve it. But i beg of you to help me in some way.

bigfooted 14:16 16 Nov 2015

I know this is of little help to you, but I had the same problems after installing an update from god old Microsoft. This update devastated my system and despite several attempts to fix it I eventually bought a new computer. I was running Windows 7 HP at the time and even went through un-installing many of the recent updates I had on the machine until I found the one causing the problem, but after un-installing it the faults kept returning which is why I bought the new machine. Sorry this is of no help but I hope someone out there can solve this for you.I will keep an eye on the post in the hope that one of the answers you get will enable me to revive my old machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

How to use Siri Shortcuts

Les meilleurs SSD