Constant crashes when gaming - new computer

ravenous33 21:15 18 Jan 2018

Hello!

I just bought a new computer about 1 month ago which I built together myself. The spec is the following:

Mobo: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15 Vengeance SSD: Samsung 850-Series EVO 500GB CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600 3.2 GHz PSU: EVGA GQ 650W GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X Monitor: Acer 24 inch Predator XF240H 144Hz OS: Windows 10 64-bit

Now the issue that I am having is that ever since I really put together the computer I have been having issues with frame freezes and crashes to desktop when gaming. At the beginning I really only played CSGO and every now and then my frame would freeze completely for about 10 seconds until resetting. I thought this was an optimization issue even though it was really bothering me and so I didn't really troubleshoot it. I haven't had much time to game until recently and that is when I noticed the larger issues. When I try to run games like the latest Tomb Raider and Fallout 4, the game crashes to the desktop pretty much within 5 minutes of running the game. In the case of tomb raider the game freezes while the audio repeats itself. Then I get an error message that says "A problem has occured with your display driver. Your system may not have enough resources to run the game at the selected settings." The error code I get is DXGIERRORDEVICE_HUNG. When I play Fallout, after a few mins the game simply crashes to desktop without no error message.

I've been able to play CSGO without and crashes except for the occasional freezes which are extremely annoying. I play PUBG as well, it generally goes well except for a few times per gaming session where I get the crash to desktop with an error message as well.

At this point I am extremely frustrated as I cannot seem to get to the root of the issue. It seems like I have tried everything and I still cannot pinpoint where the issue lies.

*I have uninstalled drivers with DDU in safe mode and reinstalled without windows XP automatic driver updates. Also tried without MSI afterburner. Still not working *I have stresstested my computer with Furmark, Unigine valley, Cinebench and memtest without no issues or errors. GPU gets stresstested. *I thought it could've been audio drivers interfering as Nvidia has its own. I tried disabling Nvidia audio drivers and running the games. No effect. Also updated my realtek audio drivers to latest.

In event viewer, I get the error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has succesfully recovered." whenever I get these crashes. I've googled on it and tried most suggestions without no effect.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I at least can pinpoint the issue? I appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks!

ravenous33 21:18 18 Jan 2018

A quick update. Just as I posted this and clicked on discord as I was browsing my freeze froze. This has never happened outside of a game. I checked event viewer and it registered the same error as I mentioned "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has succesfully recovered."

The screen froze then after about 15 secs went dark then came back unfrozen working as usual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)