Constant Bluescreens for over a month

lilJohn 02:24 31 Jul 2018

For reasons unknown my computer has been bluescreening on me for around a month at different times for different drivers and such. I had a problem similar when I installed a new hard drive where after a short while my computer would BSOD and I tracked the problem to that hard drive and removed it. A while after I still get BSOD but not as frequent and most recently with the stop 0x0000007a. I have checked all drivers and ran chckdsk and have had no luck and simply don't know what to do at this point.

Results from my most recent WhoCrashed:

On Mon 02/07/2018 20:11:05 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070218-6318-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xA48A0) Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: DRIVERVERIFIERDETECTED_VIOLATION file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier. The driver requested a zero-byte pool allocation. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 02/07/2018 20:11:05 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!NlsLeadByteInfo+0x97D4) Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: DRIVERVERIFIERDETECTED_VIOLATION Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier. The driver requested a zero-byte pool allocation. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

lilJohn 16:59 31 Jul 2018

Ok so I have used the windows memory diagnostic and memtest and both have come up showing no errors so I still have no idea what the issue may be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

Adobe reveals Recolor for Illustrator - change an illustration instantly with real-world tones

Apple recalls wall plugs over safety fears, find out if you are affected

Rappel de sécurité Apple : adaptateurs avec prise murale