Constant Bluescreens for over a month

lilJohn 02:24 31 Jul 2018

For reasons unknown my computer has been bluescreening on me for around a month at different times for different drivers and such. I had a problem similar when I installed a new hard drive where after a short while my computer would BSOD and I tracked the problem to that hard drive and removed it. A while after I still get BSOD but not as frequent and most recently with the stop 0x0000007a. I have checked all drivers and ran chckdsk and have had no luck and simply don't know what to do at this point.

Results from my most recent WhoCrashed:

On Mon 02/07/2018 20:11:05 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070218-6318-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xA48A0) Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: DRIVERVERIFIERDETECTED_VIOLATION file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier. The driver requested a zero-byte pool allocation. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 02/07/2018 20:11:05 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!NlsLeadByteInfo+0x97D4) Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: DRIVERVERIFIERDETECTED_VIOLATION Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier. The driver requested a zero-byte pool allocation. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

rdave13 06:45 31 Jul 2018

First thing I would check is the ram. Although the reports suggest it's drivers and not hardware a bad ram module can create false reports. You can test the ram by going to control panel - admin tools - Windows Memory diagnostic. Or download Memtest click here , or taking one module out (if you have two) and running on one then swapping modules to test the other one.

lilJohn 16:59 31 Jul 2018

Ok so I have used the windows memory diagnostic and memtest and both have come up showing no errors so I still have no idea what the issue may be.

rdave13 19:06 31 Jul 2018

Try unticking fast startup in control panel, power options, choose what the power button does. Then reboot. You could also run the system file checker to check for errors. You've checked hardware, drivers, disk and memory so you might need to, as a last resort, try a repair install but only as a last resort. click here can also try this command in CMD (admin); DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

You

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe unveils dream prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser la fonction SI sur Excel ?