Connecting to TV

LAnderson 08:51 07 Nov 2003

Please can someone help I have a Packard Bell imedia 5056 with a Celeron 2.2ghz 256 RAM 60 GB hard drive Columbia motherboard. There is no TV out port but I would like to connect to TV touse as a monitor and play DVDs can this be done if so how many thanks

Sam Witch 09:32 07 Nov 2003

I decided to try this, you need to check your m/board manual and see if you can fit another graphics card with TV out, then maplin sell a kit which connects to your TV out port and sound card outputs to a box then to a scart socket. I coudnt find a scart lead long enough and did not want a PC next to the telly. Dont know if there is a way of connecting a VGA port to a TV with a converter.

johnnyrocker 09:35 07 Nov 2003

once you have a card with tv out you can get a nice little program for displaying all content on tv ( i personally use it to make video tapes) ?9 from click here

cheers.
johnny.

frior-one 10:16 07 Nov 2003

i have just done the same thing (using a tv out svhs+audio cable). i found them on ebay. 15m in length (pc in dinning room, tv in lounge) cost ?18.00 contact [email protected]
i can now watch dvds also see what the wife/kids are doing on the pc by changing tv to aux2!

hugh-265156 11:23 07 Nov 2003

click here and click here you have a columbia gx mobo (gigabyte GA-8siml) with onboard sis graphics.

you will need to purchase a graphics card with a svideo out connector.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts