connecting computers

  fitcher 12:08 26 Jan 2004

Am I correct in thinking I can push a crossover cable into my ethernet main board connection and the other end into a cheap pci ethernet card .and Then I can use broadband on bothe computers that a simple way to do it .thanks all ala

  Gaz W 13:25 26 Jan 2004

You need to use Internet Connection Sharing (part of Windows 98 SE onwards) and also you need to have two ethernet adapters in the PC that connects to the net if the cable modem uses one. If it's USB obviously you only need one in each PC. It's fairly simple to do and I can recommend it, but other people on here might recommend you go for a router instead.

  slimbo51 14:29 26 Jan 2004

I have the same setup using 2 cards in my Master comp and one in my slave.

I use a program called AnalogX a free download of the net.

The instructions supplied are very simple to follow but you must follow them to the letter.

My machines are on B/Band which is why I have 2 Ethernet cards in my master.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?