Connecting an analog video camara to the pc

  phillippa 21:14 27 Nov 2006

can anyone PLEASE help me. I want to connect by analog video camara to my pc to tranfer the video. However the video lead doesn't go into the back of the computer, I know i need a USB cable with a box attached for the camara lead to go into. does anyone know where I can get one from and what is the lead called.

Thanks Phillippa

  Watchful 21:28 27 Nov 2006

Try here: click here

  greenlamp 21:39 27 Nov 2006

you may find a more cost and time effective idea is a standalone DVD recorder which apart from allowing you to record television programs will have an analogue input, which will allow you to transfer from you camera to DVD. I use this type of setup, utilising DVD RW disks to do the original transfer then using these disks to transfer to my PC for editing and permanent recording to DVD R disks

  Rtus 21:40 27 Nov 2006

Camcorders, use either Phono connected video leads / svideo lead (mini 5pin din)via capture card see your other post))or newer ones use Usb lead which both usually comes with camera.

  Technotiger 21:40 27 Nov 2006
  Severn Bore 21:56 27 Nov 2006

Hi Aldi are advertising just what you want from next Sunday. Have a look at their website: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro review: Hands-on

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?