Connect Xbox One to monitor without any speakers

Daniel Magee 12:51 14 Apr 2019

I've recently been given a computer monitor that doesn't have speakers or an AUX input. I've connected my xbox to it and obviously there's no sound. I'm wondering if there is any adaptor I could use to connect my xbox or monitor to external speakers to get the game sound? The monitor has 2 HDMI inputs (1 taken up by the xbox one) and a VGA input. My speakers I want to connect has an AUX cable coming out of it that's already attached. Let me know if any of that needs clarifying because I don't think I've explained it too well!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 15 Apr 2019

Does the monitor have a headphone socket or aux port? click here

Daniel Magee 00:04 17 Apr 2019

Sadly not, only 2 HDMI inputs (one taken up already) and a VGA input.

Kevin Alders 05:57 17 Apr 2019
  wee eddie 07:37 17 Apr 2019

Maybe you could give us the Make and Model Number of your Monitor

Daniel Magee 12:25 17 Apr 2019

It is a HP 27FW 27-inch display: click here think what Kevin Alders recommended is along the right lines. Any other suggestions before I buy the HDMI audio extractor?

I

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans