Confusion as to which hdmi cable to buy for laptop

Ashlyn Parram 00:58 27 Nov 2018

I have a hp pavilion 15-cx0514na, it has one USB c port (for data transfer only apparently) and 3 USB 3.1 type A ports. I really want a hdmi cable to display the laptop on TV, but all the cables I can find are for TYPE c ports? Would this work or not? There is also a hdmi port but it's much smaller than a normal hdmi and I can't find a hdmi cable with a smaller port? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm genuinely so confused as to which type to buy

525kev 05:34 27 Nov 2018

That Laptop should have 1x HDMI 1.4 slot so you need a 1.4 to 2.0 adapter assuming your TV has the 2.0 slot which is most common.

Laim Neeson 05:40 27 Nov 2018
  Laim Neeson 05:47 27 Nov 2018

That Laptop should have 1x HDMI 1.4 slot so you need a 1.4 to 2.0 adapter assuming your TV has the 2.0 slot which is most common.

Might be a job to find one of those. Standard HDMI connections are the same size.

john bunyan 06:43 27 Nov 2018

I have a Dell XPS 13 with similar ports. This adapter is USB 3 to a variety of others such as hdmi and normal USB

Multi adapter

john bunyan 06:44 27 Nov 2018

PS then a normal HDMI cable can be used

john bunyan 06:46 27 Nov 2018

*PPS *

You can get mini hdmi to normal HDMI cables too

john bunyan 06:50 27 Nov 2018

*PPS *

You can get mini hdmi to normal HDMI cables too -whole variety such as mini to full size hdmi

Look on Amazon for micro to full size hdmi adapter

1]: [click here

Laim Neeson 17:14 27 Nov 2018

All great information above from john bunyan.

Only thing is the HP Pavilion 15-cx0514na has a standard HDMI Port.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable