confusing report by NAV of infection.

Meshuga 21:46 18 Jan 2006

For a long time I have had " Asterisk Key" installed on my pc with no problems. I decided to install it on my daughters pc so I downloaded it on to a floppy disk. NAV immediately reported it as a Hacktool and advised deleting it. This was before I`d even taken the disk out of my pc. For safety I allowed it to delete it. I`ve tried again but it does the same thing. Why would nav allow it on my pc but not on the floppy?

SG Atlantis® 21:48 18 Jan 2006

because NAV is ill written and not worth the money?

Meshuga 22:15 18 Jan 2006

Am off to bed now but will check for any further replies in the morning.

Meshuga 07:17 19 Jan 2006

No further replies so far, will let it run for a bit. Thanks for your reply SG Atlantis.

SG Atlantis® 09:23 19 Jan 2006

did you have it installed prior to loading NAV?

Secondly don't allow NAV to delete it. Take the floppy to your daughter's machine and allow her anti-virus to scan it.

You can set the parameters that NAV uses when scanning floppies in it's options, I can't remember where (ages since I have been near it) maybe advanced?

Meshuga 15:22 19 Jan 2006

SG Atlantis, NAV was preinstalled 2 years ago when the pc was purchased so Asterisk Key , and various others were installed since. I intended doing as you suggested, ie- checking it on her machine when I can get there. Thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?