YAMA 22:58 28 Oct 2005

Hi I need advice, to see or know if there is on the market, a device, adapter or conctor, , to enable me to plug in both my pc& new laptop, evenualy I will get my self a router, but till then is there any thing as I have described avalable, thanks yama

  josie mayhem 23:10 28 Oct 2005

If you have a Ethernet connection on both computers (I should imagine that you Will have this on your laptop (it seems to come as standard)) then you can use a cat 5 cross over cable. If you haven't got a Ethernet on your older computer this isn't hard or expensive to install.

You can use a fire wire cables, but you will need this installed on both computers and the right fire wire cable.

If you have two parallel connection on both computer you can use a null cable, but his is a slow method to communicate with each computer so should be reserved for emergency only.

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:16 28 Oct 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?