Hot Topics

Comupter Monitor turns on over 1-2 hours

833944 18:48 21 May 2020

In the morning when I turn it on it shows a very dim picture. This last for 10 to 40 minutes. Then the picture will get normally bright on the right half fading to about 1/3 brightness of normal on the left. The monitor will then go black. When I turn it off and back on I will repeat this two to three times and then the monitor will look as though it turns on normally, but then go black. After several dozen times turning it on and off (quickly, with no waiting from appearing normal to going black) it will crackle and I will get a normal picture and it will stay on and function normally. Any ideas why does doing this or how it can be fixed? I know it's not the computer because my other secondary monitor works just fine in both ports. Tech support isn't an option .

wee eddie 19:35 21 May 2020

Sounds like the Back lights are beginning to fail Replace backlightsAlthough, most monitors are easy to break as you take them apart

wee eddie 20:49 21 May 2020

Most people would use this as an excuse to buy a new one

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

All the Creative Live Streams that'll save 2020

Different Think: Apple, stop being so successful!

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans